Updates and Upgrades Defined
- A Double Image 'update' is made available by free download to customers to provide minor enhancements to a previously installed version of Double Image.
- Updates sometimes include fixes for a bug, new drivers, help files and the like.
- A Double Image update may also be called a patch, because it can be applied over a Double Image that you already have installed.
- A Double Image 'upgrade' is a purchase and installation of a newer version of Double Image, often at a discounted price.
- Example: You currently use Double Image 5.0 and you buy and install Double Image-O at a discount price to upgrade the software to a current release.
- Example You may have previously purchased a license that no longer qualifies for a free update, usually based on a date of license purchase.
- Upgrade fees can differ based on the age of your original license, or last upgraded license. As an example, a license that is 6 months old may qualify for a lesser license cost than a license that is older than 6 months.
- Upgrade fees can also differ if upgrading to a version that has a major or minor build level change due to significant improvements in the software.
- Major Upgrade: 5.0.29 to 7.0.31
- Minor Upgrade: 7.0.29 to 7.1.1
- Build Upgrade: 7.0.29 to 7.0.52
Updates that may have occurred as a result of downloading a free evaluation version of Double Image are not considered when determining upgrade status. The licensed purchase date or version number is used to determine update or upgrade status.
Copyright © Host Interface ▪ 2017 ▪ All rights Reserved
Contact Sales and Technical Support